What characteristics decide who will become the next star of the fashion world? Twelve young hopefuls were at Stockholm Fashion Week, competing with high-fashion veterans for that accolade. Oriflame was there to help as final-year students from Beckmans College of Design prepared for their show. Our very own makeup genius Jonas Wramell interpreted the designers’ visions and created bold, opulent looks with products from our trendsetting new makeup range The ONE.
‘We dialogued with the designers, gave them ideas and recommended colours and products,’ Wramell explains.
The student’s path to living the dream as a fashion designer is very individual. Some start by working for someone else, others jump right in as entrepreneurs – but that demands huge sacrifices in terms of time and money, especially without outside backing and support.
‘After I graduate this summer, I want to start out as an employee, but the dream of starting my own label in the future is always with me,’ says Marita Öhman, whose collection was inspired by Swedish fashion label Dagmar, which mentored her design process.
Fashion is inextricably linked with beauty and makeup, of course. The makeup is absolutely essential to creating the overall look and catwalk impact.
‘Makeup is an incredible medium for communicating the mood of the collection – that perfect finishing touch,’ says Öhman.
For those whose passion lies on the beauty and makeup side of the equation, Oriflame offers an easier path to entrepreneurship as an Oriflame Beauty Consultant. We support you all the way with free training courses in skincare, makeup, and business skills and advice for building your business online.
One thing is certain – direct sales is becoming an increasingly popular career choice and ‘social selling’ is a rising trend, especially in the US. Anna af Jochnick, Online Sales Force Manager at Oriflame, says the main advantage is the relationship: customers get product recommendations from someone who knows them and their beauty style.
‘It’s like having your own personal shopper,’ says af Jochnick. ‘Someone you trust and think has good taste.’
ANNA AF JOCHNICKS TOP TIPS FOR BEAUTY CONSULTANT SUCCESS:
- The easiest way to start is by selling to friends and family.
- You can choose to work either with the physical catalogue or spread the link (to the Oriflame web site or your beauty store) to friends online. A beauty store is your own web shop that looks like our web site.
- I recommend that you spread the link to your beauty store. When someone buys via your beauty store, all sales are credited to you.
- Take a training course or two. We have training courses in skincare, makeup and business – and most of them are free.
- Learn how to climb the compensation ladder. How do you take new steps? What should you do? How should you structure your work? What are your earning opportunities?
- Take an online course and learn how to use all of our online tools to build your business.